Upcoming changes to LonelyCache

Upcoming changes to LonelyCache

Postby Corfman Clan » September 24th, 2018, 5:21 pm

Hi,

This is an FYI for you. Geocaching.com is revamping the API (Application Programming Interface) partners, such as LonelyCache must use to connect to Geocaching.com. Basically, they're replacing the API with a completely revamped one. All partner applications need to convert to this new API by 1 May when access to the current API will be decommissioned. In some respects, this is a good thing as they are transitioning to a more modern interface and I think the functionality will be better. The downside is that it will take a lot of work on my part to convert LonelyCache to use the new API as there are some fairly major differences in how things will work. I'm just starting to look into this so how much work it will take to convert to the new interface is not clear to me. This is exacerbated by the fact that the new API is still evolving as deficiencies, etc. are discovered. Rest assured however, that I will make the appropriate changes so LonelyCache will continue.

Regards,
Russell Corfman
Corfman Clan
Global Moderator

Re: Upcoming changes to LonelyCache

Postby geost4fun » September 27th, 2018, 9:45 am

Thanks for all your efforts in keeping LonelyCache running smoothly. It is still my major motivation for geocaching these days.
geost4fun

Return to Announcements