Pending site issues

Pending site issues

Postby Corfman Clan » July 2nd, 2018, 1:11 am

Hi, geocaching.com has been implementing some changes for compliance with various things. Unfortunately, LonelyCache no longer is able to renew API access tokens. This means that LonelyCache will stop updating within a week. I currently have no way to look into this while hiking the PCT.

Gordon agreed to investigate but it's been a long time since he has accessed things so he has that hurdle to overcome.

Hopefully this can be resolved soon. My sincere apologies for any break in service.

Regards,
Russell
Corfman Clan
Global Moderator

Re: Pending site issues

Postby Zzyzx989 » July 5th, 2018, 5:57 pm

Thanks for the update! Be safe and hope you’re enjoying the PCT!! I have a friend that is doing the PCT he just passed Donner Ski Resort!!
Zzyzx989

Postby Taz » August 7th, 2018, 2:48 pm

I sure hope you are enjoying your hike! Wow that is the hike of a life time. Stay safe and have fun!
Taz

Postby Denali41 » August 15th, 2018, 10:37 am

Enjoy your extended hike on the PCT, Russell! We are missing the site updates and look forward to things getting back up and running again later in the year. LonelyCache is a driving force in my geocaching emphasis, and I greatly appreciate your work--as so many others do.
Denali41

Postby Corfman Clan » September 19th, 2018, 9:25 am

Hey Everyone,

I finished hiking the PCT 12 Sept and got back home yesterday, 18 Sept. I have been able to fix the issue and the site seems to be working again.

Thanks for your patience,
Russell
Corfman Clan
Global Moderator

Return to Announcements