New Fake Finders

Any chit-chat not directly LonelyCache website related

New Fake Finders

Postby AZ WANDERING BEAR » December 10th, 2017, 5:25 pm

Check out FullTimeCachers! These people can hike out of Havasu Falls, drive to Lees Ferry by way of Flagstaff, grab multiple virtual and earth caches along the way that require several hours to kike to, and still raft the Colorado in the same day!!! I need to hang with these folks, well except that they are total frauds! I've pretty much given up on both people and geocaching!!
[size=150]AZ Wandering Bear
]Ursa Pervicacia[/color]
AZ WANDERING BEAR

Re: New Fake Finders

Postby Corfman Clan » December 14th, 2017, 9:54 pm

I don't know man, perhaps they hiked down to 10 mile rock. Just saying. :?

Maybe complain to Groundspeak?
Corfman Clan
Global Moderator

Postby AZ WANDERING BEAR » December 15th, 2017, 7:48 pm

Yeah, a hike down to 10 Mile takes several hours not counting the several hours to drive in and the full day to hike out of Havasu and swing by Flagstaff for a few more hours of hiking. These folks can get in week's worth of caching in just a day. But only virtuals where the owner is no longer active. Amazingly not a single photo of any of their armchair "adventures". I'm done with this crap. Adios!
[size=150]AZ Wandering Bear
]Ursa Pervicacia[/color]
AZ WANDERING BEAR

Postby geost4fun » December 21st, 2017, 9:07 pm

I noticed a cacher from Europe named merelani logged about 800 geocaches on 4-13-17 between Lake Havasu and Searchlight, Nevada. They were logged a few months later than the actual log date. A lot of these caches were on my watchlist and would require a lot of effort including hiking, climbing, scuba gear, lifted 4x4, and etc. I got no response to an email and not much better luck with Groundspeak. They basically told me that a cacher is only hurting themselves with fake logs. I replied that it hurts me and all the other honest cachers that actually put in the effort to find and sign the log but they don't seem to want any part in policing this anymore. Me and a friend deleted the logs on our caches and I sent out a note to about 10 other cache owners in hopes that they would do the same and that is about all I felt I could do but it still irritates me.
geost4fun

Postby skeeper » December 28th, 2017, 7:02 pm

These kind of cachers are everywhere. I've stopped working myself into a lather over it as there's very little I could do about it. I started enjoying my day a whole lot better after that.
skeeper
Benefactor

Return to Discussions